Purpose: To transition from a stabilized 3-5 foot hover to the surface.
Start with a stabilized 3-5 foot hover
- Headed into the wind
- Select a reference point approximately 50 ft in front of the aircraft. Looking directly down from the nose of the aircraft will cause over-controlling.
Smoothly and slowly begin to lower the collective to establish a slow rate of sink.
- A small amount of right pedal may be needed to maintain heading.
- The cyclic will be use to maintain a stabilized position over the surface.
As skids make surface contact
- Neutralize all movement
- Continue to smoothly and slowly lower the collective.
- Lower Collective to the full down position.
Do not allow the aircraft to land with any rearward or lateral movement.
|Performance Standards||Private ACS||Commercial PTS|
|Heading||+ 10 Degrees||+ 5 Degrees|
|RPM||+ 2%||+ 2%|
|Position over a Desired Point||+ 4 Feet||+ 2 Feet|